#6 “Radical Honesty” by Blad Blanton
- It’s about anger.
- It’s about how moralism comes back to bite you in the ass.
- It’s about neurosis.
- It’s about deadening. Low intensity suffering caused by being on guard.
- It’s about growing the fuck up!
- It’s about willingness to take care of oneself.
- It’s about telling the truth as you experience it, regardless of how it portraits you.
- It’s about the struggles you face – and their insignificance in face of your death.
It’s all over the place in a wonderful way!
——- WHY THIS BOOK? ———
This book so crazy, yet so sane. It is books like these that keeps me motivated to read. It is finding books like this that is the payoff for time I put into reading. I don’t agree with everything Blaton says but I’m grateful to still be able to pick up new perspectives and ideas that can help me understand the human condition.
————— IMPACT —————
I’m more aware of when I withhold information, bend the truth and tell small lies. I have also started experimenting with being more honest in situation where it’s would be more comfortable not to be.
What new ideas and perspectives did you pick up this year?
————— MORE —————
Read my full Radical Honesty Review!
Find more over here: Favorite Books of 2017